Paint the Earth is a fun place where you can paint your own ceramics. It's a great social activity or for individual time out!
Households throughout Auckland, New Zealand and even in different parts of the world have treasured ceramic dinnerware and ornaments that have been painted at Paint the Earth. These include:
Paint the Earth originally opened in September 1998. We have been operating for over 21 years and we are proud to now have 2nd generation painters - customers that had painted as children are now bringing their own children to paint.
And numerous other special ceramic pieces. Customers often bring in pieces from many years ago that are still being used every day, which goes to show the high quality of our ceramic pieces.
- Wedding platters with guests’ signatures etched into them
- Special mugs for grandparents
- Ceramics with baby footprints, toddler’s handprints or special artwork
- Schools with tile murals painted by each student
How it works:
- Choose your piece, whether that be an ornamental piece, a trinket, or dinnerware. All prices on our pieces include painting, glazing, firing, and packaging.
- Paint your piece. We can show you how - anyone can paint something great! We have stencils, shaped sponges and books of designs ideas. Alternatively you can use Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration, one our friendly staff will show you how to trace onto your piece if needed.
- You leave your piece with us to glaze and fire, ready for you to collect within 6-7 days. If you can’t get back to our shop we can courier your piece to you (charge applies).
No art experience is needed - it's all about having fun, for all ages!